[linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 13 04:20:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:50:49 +0100, Anahata wrote / a écrit:

> I just wondered whether a graphical input program would be any easier
> to use.

I have use cubase years before (atari 1040ste). click on the icon, place the note, shit must undo, re-click, repeat, get carpal syndrom (sp?) .
Graphical apps are a Good Thing (tm). Just that sometimes CLI is far better :-)
.
There are tons of abc songs on the net, but 99% are classical music or folk songs. I believe it's because of the property rights.
Do you use abc2midi (abcMIDI.linux.tar.gz package) ? It's a nice tool that make a midifile out abc files. More, if you have written chords in the abc file, the chord is played in the midifile. It's basic, but really useful to give an ear at a song.
.
cheers.
GuyCLO~