[linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 05:00:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:02:29PM +0400, Guy Clotilde wrote:

> There are tons of abc songs on the net, but 99% are classical music or
> folk songs. I believe it's because of the property rights.

The inventor of ABC is a folk musician, so that may be an influence.
That's what I do too, so it's ideal for me.

> Do you use abc2midi

I have used it, but I can read music well enough to know if it's right
just by looking at it unless it's a complex score with jazzy harmonies!
I see ABC more as a tool for producing printed output, not for playing via
MIDI.

One time I used abcmidi on a tune that happened to be in 3/4 and it
added a completely inapropriate Oom-pa-pa waltz accompaniment (it was
supposed to be a lyrical song).
After that I didn't bother with it much :-)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk