[linux-audio-user] Anyone using multiface+cardbus?

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 22:33:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:16:30PM -0500, Roger Williams wrote:
> As with any real-time PC Card device, the big issue is getting the
> IRQs set up the way you want: you'll have to fiddle with your BIOS to
> convince it to give the HDSP interface a dedicated IRQ.  (I also had
> problems with occasional huge xruns until I disabled CPU speed
> switching on my mobile P3.)

That's good info.  Now i'm convinced that doing low latency audio on
my Transmeta notebook is hopeless.  For one thing, the BIOS isn't
flexible enough to assign a dedicated IRQ.  The other problem is
that the Transmeta CPU probably has unpredictable latency because
of Code Morphing.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org