[linux-audio-user] ANN: swh-plugins 0.3.7

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Sat Mar 8 05:34:00 EST 2003

Thanks for another fine set of effects!

> There are still some outstanding known sound quality/noise/aliasing bugs,
> I'l tackle them in the next release, but I'd appreciate more reports.

>         Multiband EQ

If I set faders to zero I still get gain, which causes distortion on stuff
that's already at 0dB.

>         SC*

I can't seem to get the compression on drums right using the SC compressors.
The quiet bits are reduced, just as the peaks are - maybe I just don't
understand the variables. Looks like you decided against calling them the
Steve's Compressor series, eh?

I can get the effect I want with Dyson Compressor by setting all the faders to
the right though. The SC series are better for multitrack situations where
you can choose not to have any makeup gain on each track - otherwise the
additive gain would be too great. I find Dyson easier to use for final stereo
mixes where you want them to be as loud as possible without introducing
clipping.

Cheers

Daniel