[linux-audio-user] ANN: swh-plugins 0.3.7

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 8 06:12:00 EST 2003

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 10:25:31 +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> Thanks for another fine set of effects!
>
> > There are still some outstanding known sound quality/noise/aliasing bugs,
> > I'l tackle them in the next release, but I'd appreciate more reports.
>
> >         Multiband EQ
>
> If I set faders to zero I still get gain, which causes distortion on stuff
> that's already at 0dB.

Yes, there is an incorrect scaling factor. Should be an easy fix, but I
haven't got round to it.

> >         SC*
>
> I can't seem to get the compression on drums right using the SC compressors.
> The quiet bits are reduced, just as the peaks are - maybe I just don't
> understand the variables. Looks like you decided against calling them the
> Steve's Compressor series, eh?

I think there is a problem with the envelope tracker that makes it too
sluggish for transients, also you probably want a peak folling compressor for
this task, SC4 was meant to be switchable RMS/peak, but I forgot to add
the code before releasing the first time.

I'l probably add it and give it a new uid. The envelope follower problem
still needs pinning down for all the SCs though.

Who said the're not Steve's Compressor ;)

- Steve