[linux-audio-user] Dirty, Nasty Raunchy Guitars

Levi Burton donburton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 12 13:58:01 EST 2003

Greetings,

Searched the list archives but found nothing appropriate, so I thought I would
just ask.

I am a metal guitar player.  I like a heavily saturated guitar tone. Could
someone point me in the right direction for processing a clean guitar signal
in real-time such that it can (even partially - i like weird sounding stuff)
emulate tube circuitry.  I am thinking a chain of LADSPA plug-ins would do
the job.  The sound im looking for doesn't have to emulate anything to a T,
it just has to be raunchy (think Nine Inch Nails - Broken, or any Nine Inch
Nails album for that matter).

Thanks!

--
Levi Burton