[linux-audio-user] How can I make CDDB info become the file name?

Christian Henz chrhenz at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 11:02:01 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:45:42AM -0600, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:15:48 +0400
> Guy Clotilde <guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > I think grip can help you:
> > in the config window there is:
> > extraction prog: /usr/bin/cdda2wav
> > command line option: -D %C -x -H -t %t -O wav %w
> > file format: /BURN/%A/%d/%t_%n.wav   (with a /BURN directory on your
> > disk) It works for me.
> >
> > Have a nice day
> > Guy CLO~
> Hello, Guy :)
> Thank you very much for your response :)  As I said in my original
> message, I am willing to learn: the interpretation of that statement in
> this context is that I need a little more help, as I don't completely
> understand some things about the command you sent.

Guy wasn't referring to any command-line tools, but to 'grip', a gui based CD player/ripper which acts as a frontend to cdda2wav/cdparanoia, MP3/Oggg encoders and also as a CDDB client. [www.nostatic.org/grip]

What he posted are options that you can set inside that program... just in case the presets don't cover your needs.

If you depend on a command line solution, I think there are quite a bunch of scripts listed at freshmeat.net that might help you out. I have not bothered to check whether you can do this stuff directly with cdda2wav or cdparanoia...

cheers,
Christian Henz