[linux-audio-user] Not able to play sound

Narendra Shah nss99 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 11:39:00 EST 2003

I am on RH 8.0, installed the alsa-driver-0.5.10b-2mlx.i386.rpm , which as
mentioned on the site is tested for ALS4000 on 2.4.18-14 which happens to be
the version on my box too. I have also modified
the /etc/modules.conf  to include:
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-als4000
	# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

	# card #1
	alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
	alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
	alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
	alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
	alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Still there is nothing coming out of the speakers.

Any help is appreciated.

-nss99