[linux-audio-user] Anyone using multiface+cardbus?

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 10:10:01 EST 2003

Hi,

What do you make of my IRQs, they're not consistent
with what you're describing. Is this some newer bios
aipc feature?

The pci cards begin at 16 with two scsi controlers
sharing interupt 16, at 18 we see a third scsi
controler that isn't the same as the one on 16. It's
just the same driver.

There's an NVIDIA graphics card in an AGP slot, soon
to be replaced with a radeon. Is the NVIDIA the "LOC"
entry?

The scsi HDD controlers, interupt 16, are a lower
interupt than the rme9652 so I'm assuming they recieve
priority over the audio card. I'm guessing two HDD
controlers requesting CPU time slices aren't the most
optimal scenario.

I am comfortable running jackd with larger buffers
because I use an external digital consol and monitor
inputs for studio and control rooms from the consols
inputs. So latency isn't as big an issue for me as it
might be for engineers that don't have external
consols. Reguardless, I'd like to tune this box to its
optimal performance capability.

If the AGP interupt can't be reordered, then I assume
the correct strategy is to use "setpci" or the bios to
adjust latency. Make sense? I'd probably opt for using
"setpci" because it enables resetting latency on the
fly--I intend to do some video work.

I'd be curious to know other people's opinions of my
irq ordering.

bash-2.05b# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:    3729010    3949857    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:       8714       9043    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          0          XT-PIC  cascade
 12:     206994     212633    IO-APIC-edge  PS/2 Mouse
 16:     212646     216114   IO-APIC-level  sym53c8xx,
gdth
 17:    1234920    1245793   IO-APIC-level  rme9652
 18:       3721       4640   IO-APIC-level  sym53c8xx
 19:     364290     368882   IO-APIC-level  ICE1712,
eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:    7678904    7678970
ERR:          0