[linux-audio-user] Anyone using multiface+cardbus?

Jaakko Prättälä Jaakko.Prattala at Helsinki.FI
Sun Mar 23 10:29:01 EST 2003

On Sunday 23 March 2003 16:19, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 01:59, Jaakko Prättälä wrote:
> > What could I do if I can't set irq's in my bios?
>
> Jaakko,
>    Hi. First, what machine are you running and what BIOS does the
> machine have? Phoenix? Award? Usually you can set IRQ's, but often the
> settings are hard to find. In my machine it's under Advanced->PCI
> Configuration. Even though I have this feature, I still recommend that
> you should:
>
> 1) Remove all of your cards EXCEPT graphics, boot and look at interrupt
> settings. Write them down or save a file somewhere.

It's a laptop :-)
hp xe4100, bios is hp's own I think.

> 9 is best, followed by 10, etc.
>
> 10 is as good as 9 if 9 is not used, or only used by acpi support.

Taking a look at /proc/interrupts I see that the pcmcia controller is at irq
11, which it shares with eth0 when I'm online. 9 is not used.
I guess it's looking ok then. Just have to stay offline when
(in the future ;-) I'm using the multiface.

Thanks a lot, Mark. I'll be saving this for future reference to wait for
the time I'll get a hdsp pci interface for my other computer.

Thanks also to Ron for the url. The article was enlightening too.