[linux-audio-user] GWC & libsndfile

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Tue Mar 25 02:38:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:56:49 -0500
Howard Sanner <flagstad at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> >
> > What do you get when you run the following commands:
> >
> >   0) pkg-config --list-all |grep sndfile
> >
> >   1) pkg-config --cflags sndfile
> >
> >   2) pkg-config --libs sndfile
>
> 	bash: pkg-config: command not found
>
> 	(Not being a wiseguy; just answering the question. Tell me where
> to get it & I'll run it.)

I run Debian. Al I did was "apt-get install pkg-config". Best bet would
be to search http://freshmeat.net/ (ie teaching you how to fish :-)).

> >   3) locate libsndfile.so.1.0.4
>
> 	/usr/local/lib/libsndfile.so.1.0.4

<rearrange text ordering>

> /home/howard/gnome.wave.cleaner/libsndfile-1.0.4/src/.libs/libsndfile.so.1.0.4

I assume that was part of the locate command output, not part of the
next command.

> >   4) cat /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/wine

OK, here is another problem.

You notice above the libsndfile has been installed in /usr/local/lib/ but
that is not listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. You should add /usr/local/lib
to that file (on a new line) and then (as root) run the following command:

That should get you a LOT closer.

Erik