[linux-audio-user] iCubeX experiences?

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Tue Mar 25 14:33:00 EST 2003

Hi,

I installed icubex in my studio and it was quite a hassle. Included
software that came with icubex is outdated and does not compile, Paul
Davis's generous contribution looks like a great editor, but it depends
on defunct Quasimodo's libs so without some serious hacking, chances are
you won't be able to get it up-and-running (I did not have the time to
give it a shot at it, but I did spend a good amount of time trying to
compile proper libs without success). I also had a number of problems
trying to get the icube working under MacOS9. Finally, I resorted to
Windows (gasp!) where using the provided editor I hard-coded each of the
inputs as one type of the controller MIDI message, and after that the
thing worked like a charm in Pd. You just have to make sure to remember
which pins are used for which controllers, otherwise you might get messy
MIDI output.

Hope this helps!

Ico