[linux-audio-user] Interesting audio software coming to Linux.

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Mar 26 05:38:00 EST 2003

> I wonder what the odds are that it supports ALSA, or better yet, JACK.

There's still time to get in touch with these people, who are based in the UK,
and help make it happen! I think their pricing is reasonable for a
proprietary app of this kind, and there's a free beer trial for the current
version.

> I'm guessing they wouldn't want to alienate a good portion of thier users
> (RedHat + ?) by requireing ALSA :(

Any serious music user would install ALSA, surely? If only for up to date card
drivers. It'll be interesting to find out what their target distros are.

I didn't send the info about this particular app to Sound on Sound, but I have
forwarded lots of other Linux-related audio/music announcements. If anyone
has specific Linux information they want to pass on to the magazine, please
let me know.

There should be a feature I wrote in the May issue (out in April) about
building a near-silent Linux box for studio use. It was supposed to be
completely silent, but it ended up having one speed-controlled 60mm fan due
to heat build-up with static air inside the case.

Cheers

Daniel