[linux-audio-user] ladspa installation for a beginner

Michael T Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 12:47:00 EST 2003

I'm pretty new to Linux generally, having dabbled with it for six months
or so. I'm using RedHat 8.0 at the moment, on two machines. I've been
learning to use tarballs today, and have sucessfully installed
ladspa_sdk, and the xmms-ladspa plugin.

I've just compiled two very interesting looking ladspa plugins (preamp &
unmatched) but am not sure where I should put them to allow my ladspa
hosts to find them.

At some point soon (probably after my finals) I'm intending to spend
some time learning how to use CVS & eventually install Ardour...

I hope I'm not on completely the wrong track...
thanks
Michael Nelson