[linux-audio-user] sb live digital 5.1 or sb128pci?

Linus Ericsson wenoc at cyde.net
Fri Mar 28 08:47:00 EST 2003

Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:

>Can someone give me some quick input on which would be better, 3 sb live
>digitals or 3 sb 128 pci? I know the live is a better card, but I'm not
>sure if alsa will give me (more?) trouble with either one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a very good idea to use
multiple creative-cards at all, because they'll get out of sync (at
least the 128 pcis) and that will result in strange phase-cancellations
and so on. I don't know about the digital cards - if they can sync up to
each other or not...

Just my 2 cents...

/Linus