[linux-audio-user] sb live digital 5.1 or sb128pci?

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Fri Mar 28 09:07:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 02:37:34PM +0100, Linus Ericsson wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's a very good idea to use
> multiple creative-cards at all, because they'll get out of sync (at
> least the 128 pcis) and that will result in strange phase-cancellations
> and so on. I don't know about the digital cards - if they can sync up to
> each other or not...

Hmmm, the hardware and drivers advertise supporting multiple cards in
one machine for multiple channels of I/O, sO I'd have thought it worked.

But then again Creative Labs also claimed the Audigy did 24/96 and that
neglected to mention the 48kHz resampling on the emu10k1, so frankly I
don't put too much faith in their claims...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.