[linux-audio-user] PlanetCCRMA - RealPlayer -artsd problems

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 31 16:59:00 EST 2003

>   Yes, it was running, but he (my client) told me that it was broken
> when he tried running RP without artsd too. He also informed me that he
> had not rebooted the machine for a couple of days, and I'm wondering if
> our MusE adventures knocked out an audio device. Is that possible ?

Most probably he has some other program running (in the background?)
that is using the audio devices (something that was not killed properly
or refused to die...).

-- Fernando