[linux-audio-user] Mandrake 9.1 kernel problem

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri May 2 05:43:01 EDT 2003

Turns out a change of CD-ROM drive did the trick with the Mandrake 9.1
install. I don't know why, because this Creative drive is a standard
one which has worked perfectly with Linux in the past. Both the
working drive (Mitsumi CDRW) and the non working (Creative CDROM) are
about 1999 vintage.

I suspected it could be related to the use of 700MB .iso images, but
Mandrake has dropped those - disc one appears to be 651MB. Perhaps it
was burned on 700MB media, and drives more than a couple of years old
don't always support that properly.

Cheers

Daniel