[linux-audio-user] Portable USB disk recorder?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Fri May 9 13:36:01 EDT 2003

Hello. Would any of you know if anyone manufactures a portable
USB disk recorder? It needs to work as standard USB disk so that
I may freely use it in any Linux and in any MS Windows 2000/XP.
Below is what I have found so far:

 Creative, Nomad Jukebox, http://www.nomadworld.com
   -Good but requires a proprietary driver
 Archos, Jukebox Recorder 20, http://www.archos.com/
   -Records only mp3 and at rate 160 kbps

I don't understand why Creative always make their products
too complicated: SB Live, Jukebox and all. What's wrong in them?

OK, I have waited several years for a portable hard disk recorder
 to be used in my free sound library project, and it looks like
I never get such a recorder. I don't have money to buy an expensive
portable DAT recorder. Are there other options? Help.

Best regards,

Juhana