[linux-audio-user] (semi)professional "field" recording work, what to use?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu May 15 06:02:01 EDT 2003

len,

thanks for the correction! i wasn't aware it was so cheap. it might be
nice to see some of this kind of info on the Core Sound page, so that
people could get an idea of exactly what it costs to set themselves up
with one of your units. something like a comparative price chart,
listing different compatible palmtops, AD converters and memory
alongside your soundcard,  so that folks like me don't assume there are
too many "hidden costs" and go out and buy a used DAT instead :-)

best,
derek
[who still likes his dat walkman, btw...]