[linux-audio-user] low latency

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri May 16 11:30:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 10:58:42 -0400
Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net> wrote:
> This is interesting, can you please tell us what your filesystem
> configuration is?

Here's my /etc/fstab.

A real DUH moment - I had thought my root fs was ext2, but clearly I made
the switch to ext3 at some point.

The /tape FS is where I do all the ardour recording to.

xtc:~% more /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext2    defaults        1 2
none                    /tmp                    tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb1               /tape   reiserfs        defaults,noatime        1 3

I am amazingly happy this morning, since I'd been plagued with little
occasional xruns even though I'd gone through all the low latency and
IRQ stuff.  I think this was the final hurdle for me.

Thanks again!!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com
    129 Petta. Lake Rd,  Saunderstown, RI 02874 - vox 401.338.9214