[linux-audio-user] MIDI recording, frustrated, set me straight

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 24 09:54:01 EDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 16:31:10 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <avp at altlinux.ru> wrote / a écrit:

> > Is it also practical to play it into the piano?  (eg write to MIDI
> > port)
>
> Why not? :)

Sorry, but I beg to disagree strongly. I found it way more complicated to run a softsynth than a real synth. I believe for some persons (me included) it can take monthes, no kidding. Anyway, once up, a softsynth (timidity) let you record it to disk wit no loss: it's pure digital, no need to record the synth with the analog input of the sound card.

cheers
GuyCLO~