[linux-audio-user] MIDI recording, frustrated, set me straight

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon May 26 08:40:00 EDT 2003

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

After another few hours of fiddling with rosegarden 4.0.9, I've got only
a little way.  I can receive MIDI data from the piano, and have RG show
it, but playing it back does not emit data to the piano.

The RG instruments are apparently set to the sound card.  So I tried to
remap them to the external synth, and RG did segfault in Qt.

Then I grabbed RG CVS, and built that, and now the RG sequencer won't
start, complaining about /dev/snd/seq missing.  I thought it was there
yesterday.

Q: is /dev/snd/seq meant to exist, and if so how to get it back?
   (soundblaster live pci),

Q: is it time for me to join the RG lists?