[linux-audio-user] Audigy 6.1 platinum and Linux

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 13:33:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

> As for syncing, they would be controlled by midi,
> I'm not sure what you where
> aiming at here exactly, all synths do that don't
> they?

The challange I have is finding something that's
generating MIDI clock or converting MTC to MIDI clock.
I've got a Korg Triton which only responds to MIDI
clock.

I think jlcooper has an MTC to MIDI clock convertor,
PPsomethin-or-other. I'll check up on that.

Of course I've got the jlcooper datasync2 but I don't
think it's gonna do the job. I don't have the manual.
And I've got an ADAT BRC but that doesn't look like
it's gonna do the job.

It seems like this conversion would be an alsa-seq
task. My google searches return lots of design
considerations for the problem but I don't see
anything implemented. Well, perhaps it's time to look
at muse which looks like a pretty decent solution in
and of itself but is overkill for my immediate needs.

Anyway, I'll step out of this thread. I'm way off
topic.

Thanks,

ron