[linux-audio-user] Low latency kernel on Mandrake

Joe Button linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 06:41:57 EST 2003

Hi.

I'm confused about whether or not I have a low-latency kernel, and if not why
not. I installed the multimedia kernel and booted into it but:

[root at olaf joe]# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.22-21mm.1mdk (dtholen at klama.mandrake.org) (gcc version 3.3.1
(Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-4mdk)) #1 Tue Oct 28 15:05:18 CET 2003
[root at olaf joe]# cat /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency
cat: /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency: No such file or directory

Does this definitely mean I don't have low-latency? Any ideas why not? Can't
identify anything relevant in /var/log/messages.

Does /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency relate to the pre-emption patches or Andrew
Morton's low-latency patches or both or what?

Thanks for any help.