[linux-audio-user] Low latency kernel on Mandrake

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sun Nov 2 07:16:25 EST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:41:57 +0000
Joe Button <linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk> wrote:

> Does /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency relate to the pre-emption patches or
> Andrew Morton's low-latency patches or both or what?

It definetly relates to the low-level patches. I first compiled a kernel
with LL patches only. The patch creates a ioctl in
/proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency

which can be used as documented.

I have the preemptable patches installed now, too. I don't knwo how to
control these though.. The capabilities you can check by installing
liubcap and reconfiguring then recompiling jackd. the use your usual
jackd -R .. line with s/jackd/jackstart.

Florian Schmidt