[linux-audio-user] Zaurus users?

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Thu Nov 6 07:47:00 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 12:04:25PM +0000, iriXx wrote:
> hi all...
>
> just wondering if there are any Zaurus users on the list - the older
> version not the new one...

I have one.

> i've seen one in action and i know its got good media player facilities
> - some kind of xmms i seem to recall?... but im curious as to what else
> will run on it...

Yes I guess it can to xmms. It also runs OpieMedia player (in OpenZaurus anyway) that is based on
libxine. So it can also play divx movie files and stuff also.
You can install csounds on it. But there are not to many programs for
creating multimedia on it. Don't experct to do any realtime stuff with
csounds on the zaurus. You can render it and then listen to it. Even as
root user my 5500 sounds real choppy when trying to play a sine wave a
44.1k 16bit in real time with csounds.

check out zaurus software index and decide for your self. (I mostly use
it for the calender features, address, todo, and checkbook apps):
http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/

Jeremiah