[linux-audio-user] any softsampler or drummachines for jackit out there

Mathias Lundgren mathias_lundgren at bredband.net
Mon Nov 10 16:02:03 EST 2003

måndagen den 10 november 2003 21.37 skrev lee at fallingforward.net:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:43:03PM +0100, Hartmut Z Noack wrote:
> Eventually SWAMI/FluidSynth and any MIDI sequencer will be usable.
> Unfortunately I couldn't get good performance out of SWAMI with more than
> 4 voices. It may be my configuration though. Anyone else here using SWAMI?
>
> -lee

I've used the internal fluidsynth with MusE for a while and it performs pretty
well when using MusE with alsa output. Unfortunately using MusE with jack
doesn't really work very well right now, but it will probably do that in the
future. Using MusE with jack, MusE builtin fluidsynth for drums (since a
couple of drumtracks doesn't take too much power), and ZynAdd for the rest
seems like the best buy (not to say a pretty good buy, too!) right now for
me.

/Mathias