[linux-audio-user] any softsampler or drummachines for jackit out there

Benjamin Flaming lau at solobanjo.com
Mon Nov 10 16:17:16 EST 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 02:10 pm, Paul Winkler wrote:
> I'd suggest keep trying with hydrogen. It's very nice and easy to use.
> I'm using hydrogen and jack both from CVS, both from a few weeks ago
> (jackd version 0.83.5, hydrogen version 0.8.1beta4) and they work great.

I have to agree - I'm a big fan of hydrogen.  The CVS version is also
substantially better than the rpms, IMHO.  Amongst other things, it gives you
separate jack outputs for each drum channel, and support for 32 voices
instead of 16 (also, you could now support any number of voices by changing a
#define in one line of code, and rebuilding).

> one complaint with hydrogen - the drum kits available all seem to
> be 44.1khz samples, and it doesn't resample them if you run jackd at
> 48khz so the drum pitches all seem a bit too high.

Pitch-shifting abilities were recently introduced into the audio engine.
Sample rate awareness can't be far behind....