[linux-audio-user] Recording in 7200,8bit,Mono !

Udaya Kumar.R uk_ci at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 05:03:02 EST 2003

Hi List,

I want to record in 7200 frequency, 8bit, mono. Well the specs may seem
strange but we have a HardWare which understands voice files only with these
specs.
I have 2.4.18-3 linux kernel.
I have intel 810E chipset, with builtin audio card.

lspci returns
<lspci>
Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801AA AC'97 Audio (rev 02)
</lspci>

I too have Sound Blaster Live.
lspci returns
<lspci>
 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)
 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port
</lspci>

And we use xwave and soundstudio for recording.

And i have intel audio card under alsa.

Intel Audio Card:
I could record properly in 16 bit, but when i record in 8 bit it gives lot
of noise. I dont know from where it comes.

Sound Blaster Live:
I could record in given specs, but when i play back the bass gets
increased. I mean it dosen't seem to be the same voice anymore.

Can anybody help me.
TIA.

bye.
uday.
--
Reply To :
perl -e 'print pack "H*","756b5f6369407961686f6f2e636f6d";'