[linux-audio-user] Re: 2.6.0 song theme... request.

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Nov 13 09:54:25 EST 2003

Austin wrote:

>Strangely, all the negative feedback I've received has been from
>Poland.  No idea why.  Is Poland known for it's classy, refined musical
>tastes?

Well, yes, it it. The country produced Chopin, Lutoslawski, and
Penderecki. Much as I enjoyed your song I have to say it pales beside
Chopin's polonaises and Penderecki's quartets... ;)  OTOH neither of
them wrote anything about Linux...

>Anyway, thanks for all your support.
>
>Seems like there is a desire for a linux ditty or two now and then.

I listened to your "ditty" last night, it's great fun. Thanks for the
bold contribution ! :)

>Of course, the best one of all time is this:
>http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/

Yep, one of the best. "I'm Steve, and I'm a super-villain..."

After meeting Steve Harris I strongly suspect he was the inspiration for
that character... I seem to recall that he mentions "orbital brain
lasers" during his Linux DSP presentations... and I'm pretty sure he
refers to the LAD group as "a cluster of atomic supermen"... or maybe
I'm thinking of someone else... ;)

Best,

== dp