[linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 27 17:31:48 EST 2003

Has anyone else seen dropping of notes with EMU10K1 ALSA drivers mentioned by Joerg during wavetable synthesis?

I have seen dropping of notes with both EMU10K1 and ICE1712 EXTERNAL MPU-401, but I don't believe this is because of the drivers.  Neither Muse nor Rosegarden function well on my machine, but pmidi has absolutely no problems.  I have been assuming that these dropped notes are due to the larger load of GUI MIDI sequencers versus command-line sequencers, not the drivers.  Rosegarden is worst, Muse next.  BTW, Rosegarden is much, much worse for me than any Windows sequencers I have.  I run 2.4.20 with the usual kernel patches for low-latency.

Just curious about what others have seen.  Thanks!