[linux-audio-user] Using SPDIF In/Out features of SB MP3+ USB

martin rumori lists at rumori.de
Thu Nov 27 17:58:16 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 09:28:13PM +0100, Stéphane Meden wrote:
> usable, especially the SPDIF facilities (since it's why my wife is
> interested in this card.) The open source drivers projects around

i own such a thing.  i used it together with jack without problems
(with high values for -p and -n).  the SPDIF in works.  the SPDIF out
i didn't try (since i don't have another device understanding SPDIF).
the analogue input is of poor quality, as one might expect...

i encountered problems when using the mp3+ with alsa directly (via
alsa or oss emulation): with xine, for examples, output stops often,
sometimes the WHOLE COMPUTER hangs.  with jack+ardour, there where no
problems.  i am now about to test it with the cvs version of alsa.

best,

martin