[linux-audio-user] Recommendatio wanted

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Nov 28 06:18:46 EST 2003

On Friday 28 Nov 2003 11:03 am, Joerg Anders wrote:
> I'd use FluidSynth instead. But is creates envelops for
> strings as this were a xylophon (or so ...)

I still don't quite understand what you mean by this.  What is the
actual problem, in terms of what you hear?  How does a faulty string
envelope sound?

I routinely use Fluidsynth with strings and haven't noticed any
particular problems, except that most freely available soundfonts
have rather too obvious short loops for their string samples.  Is it
something particular to the soundfont you're using?

Chris