[linux-audio-user] Multiple (three) RME Hammerfalls... any experience

Ronald van Engelen ronalde at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 28 14:06:07 EST 2003

Hi there,

A colleague of mine is having major problems using multiple (three) RME
Hammerfall cards using Mac OS 9 and X and consulted me for help.

The problem is that he has to transfer a few hours of 72-channel music
(recorded with Mackie HDR's) to his harddisk for further mixing and
processing.

I only have experience with (single and dual) stereo cards using alsa,
jack, ardour and ladspa. I wonder if anybody have experience with
multiple RME cards using alsa, and particullary experience doing such a
task with mentioned tools?

I haven't had the chance to examine his (Mac-related) problem but it
sounds like he might suffering from problems related to his
power-supply?

Regards,
Ronald van Engelen