[linux-audio-user] Multiple (three) RME Hammerfalls... any experience

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 02:20:06 EST 2003

Hi,

I can't help you much, however, unless JACK has
recently been worked on I think there's a 32 track
limitation. It's known to be technically trivial.
Otherwise I don't believe alsa would be a problem,
assuming you've got wordclock i/o on the hammerfall
cards.

Midi Time Code syncronization in Ardour could also be
problematic, it doesn't work with my Tascam DM-24.
Even though transport location is accurate, the
automation system can't interpret Ardour mtc. Paul has
announced his intention to implement SMPTE but I'm not
sure if that's been done yet.

I wonder what the status of 96kHz adat is with the
hammerfall drivers.

Anyway, that's not much help. Sorry.

ron