[linux-audio-user] [Fwd: pho: Sunday 30 November 2003 GNU/Linux Audio Workshop: Marco Scoffier will show what free music systems can do]

iriXx m at iriXx.org
Sun Nov 30 05:47:42 EST 2003

forwarded from Pho list...

m~

  from="announcement from Marco himself"
  edits="some header lines and decorations suppressed"
  of-note="upcoming Install Fest at Flux Factory"
  for-Lisp-and-Music="http://www.lispnyc.org/mailman/listinfo/musig">

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:42:41 -0500
 From: Marco Scoffier <marco4linux at earthlink.net>
 Subject: Linux Audio Workshop

 Hi,

 Sorry for the super late notice, but I am doing a Linux Audio Workshop
 for artists in Queens, today Sunday Nov 30th from 3pm to 6pm.  It is
 quite informal and free, the main goal is to demystify Linux as a work
 platform for artists.

 I will not be going into the nitty gritty of getting applications and
 drivers running, I will rather be showing off several applications on a
 functioning debian system: ardour, pd, audacity, the ladspa plugins, but
 generally the format will be rather loose.

 The workshop is being held as part of the technology initiative of the
 flux factory an artist's community in queens.  Flux Factory will be
 hosting an installfest in the future to deal with the hairer bits of
 installing a artist's work station (stay tuned).

 About the workshops: http://fluxfactory.org/workshop/work.htm

 Directions to flux: http://fluxfactory.org/how.htm

 --
 Marco

Distributed poC TINC:

Jay Sulzberger <secretary at lxny.org>
Corresponding Secretary LXNY

 ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_     HTTP 503: Too Busy

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are
subtle and will piss on your computer."
-- Bruce Graham

Musicians say No to RIAA Persecution and Prosecution of Music Lovers!

Sign the petition at http://www.copyleftmedia.org.uk/justsayno/

 .::. www.iriXx.org .::. www.copyleftmedia.org.uk .::.