AW: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Thu Oct 9 22:31:01 EDT 2003

>    I think the real job to be done is to make ogg a standard that's
> accepted by M$ one fo these days and just included in their Media Player
> releases, so the user doesn't have to figure this stuff out. As I said,

open formats are complete anathema to microsoft. They will
*never* *ever* support ogg until the US government does its job
properly.

with wma becoming the standard for commercial releases, its very
sad.

personally i feel its important to lead by example, while at
the same time recognising that not everyone is in a position to
be able to do the same...

greetz
--
Tim Orford