AW: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Fri Oct 10 13:51:00 EDT 2003

> But as streams cost a lot of money and as ogg players
> aren't in widespread we don't plan to support ogg in the near
> future.

There is the matter of the radio station or whatever keeping its
options open so it doesn't get screwed by the vendor. I'm sure Virgin
Radio has figured this one out.

Surely the cost of streams is in proportion to the number of users, if
the software is free beer?

As for .wma being the most popular, that's probably due to tight OS
integration and the fact that so many users just have what came with
the machine when they bought it. It's up to broadcasters to recommend
better quality and performance formats if they want competitive
advantage.

Cheers

Daniel