[linux-audio-user] [ann] Test your ogg players at IRCAM'sResonances online off festival!

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Oct 20 04:15:59 EDT 2003

Mark Knecht wrote:

>>>today the IRCAM Resonances festival started.
>>
>>Thanks for the link - sounds wild! One handy feature that I've seen
>>some radio stations use is to send the name of the artist and track
>>to the gui of the ogg player, xmms in my case. I don't know how
>>practical that is with live streams, but it's very handy to know who
>>is playing, so you can find them on the web later.
>>
>>I guess you could even send a URL as part of the meta information, so
>>you could launch a browser window automatically and read up on the
>>artist as you are listening.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Daniel
>

> I've failed the test so far:
>
> 1) My Windows box at work doesn't stream ogg. foobar2000 doesn't seem to
> support that.

it does. maybe you have a port 80 proxy that does bad things to streams ?

> 2) My Gentoo box doesn't seem to be set up inside of Mozilla to stream ogg.

xmms+ogg plug ?

--
Progress (n.):  The process through which the Internet has evolved from
smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)