[linux-audio-user] recent hydrogen / jack / ardour

Mathias Lundgren mathias_lundgren at bredband.net
Fri Oct 24 17:27:35 EDT 2003

fredagen den 24 oktober 2003 22.59 skrev Paul Winkler:
> hi all,
> i've got recent cvs of ardour and jack and really wanna get a drum
> machine plugged into it. so, hydrogen.
> I got libhydrogen from cvs built fine, but
> hydrogen appears to require qt 3.2 and gentoo only seems
> to provider 3.1.2. D'OH!
> I think i can get 3.2 if i update world, maybe... which
> takes forever... ah the self-inflicted pain of gentoo :-)
>
> anybody know exactly what I need to compile hydrogen cvs?
> do i really need the whole thing of qt 3.2?

No, you're ok. You can build it with qt 3.1.2, if you manually change some of
the .ui-files in the hydrogen_gui - catalogue.
Change:
<!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.2" stdsetdef="1">
to:
<!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.1.2" stdsetdef="1">

It worked for me. I think it's because the .ui-files are generated with a
newer version of qt-designer. I haven't tested it thoroughly though, but if
compilation works it's unlikely they have features that is 3.2 only. ;-)

/Mathias