[linux-audio-user] recent hydrogen / jack / ardour

Mathias Lundgren mathias_lundgren at bredband.net
Fri Oct 24 19:28:25 EDT 2003

lördagen den 25 oktober 2003 01.10 skrev Paul Winkler:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:44:31PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > seems to be building now, thanks!
>
> and it runs.
> damn, hydrogen is fun. wish i had this years ago.

Yes, it's neat. The things you don't do to run bleeding edge...
One thing that I think is a little sad is that it's not realtime safe... (at
least it wasn't last time I checked). I'd really love to have the possibility
to use it from a sequencer and get the output via Jack. Okay, it works, but
in case you need to increase jack's period things get shaky and unsynced.
Hydrogen and zynadd running realtime safe together with jack and MusE, that
would be something. Oh, and the possibility to have ladspa send effects in
hydrogen. Then I'd be happy as a bee.

/Mathias