[linux-audio-user] activate second midi card

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Oct 26 13:29:32 EST 2003

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Sorry to be bothering you so much since the information probably lies out
> there somewhere, but when I come to alsa-project.org and simular, I just get
> lost in all the tech-talk. (Quite annoying for someone with a phd to feel
> that lost... )
>
> Anyway': Since the staudio c-port's midi in wont work (unless the patch on
> http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/file/sound/pci/ice1712.c makes it work, but I
> couldn't find anything there to tell me how to a)check if I allready had tha
> patch, b)what it does, or c) how to apply it - being an old wintel gui slave
> is not satisfacotry...)

cd /dir/where/you/put/the/alsa/drivers/
patch -p1 < /dir/where/you/put/x.patch

> I decided to activate the soundcard on my Asus P4T-E
> card. the soundcard is found by my mandrake 9.2 installation, but the midi
> port doesn't come up when I type 'aconnet -io'.
>
> Could aome kind soul be so kind as to show me how to find out if the midi in
> works and how to activate it?

what is the output of

	cat/proc/asound/cards

Which driver are you using for this new card?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman