[linux-audio-user] activate second midi card

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Oct 27 04:35:23 EST 2003

Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> I decided to activate the soundcard on my Asus P4T-E card. the
> soundcard is found by my mandrake 9.2 installation, but the midi
> port doesn't come up when I type 'aconnet -io'.

The AC'97 controller can be autodetected because it's a PCI device,
but this isn't the case for the MIDI port.

Use the snd-mpu401 driver, and set the port and irq parameters to the
same values you've configured in the BIOS setup, i.e.:

	alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712
	alias snd-card-1 snd-intel8x0
	alias snd-card-2 snd-mpu401
	options snd-ice1712 index=0
	options snd-intel8x0 index=1
	options snd-mpu401 index=2 port=0x330 irq=10

HTH
Clemens