[linux-audio-user] Ardour mixdown questions/issues

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Oct 27 13:23:16 EST 2003

This is really question for ardour-user, but you may have subscribe
issues.....

Greg Reddin wrote on Mon, 27-Oct-2003:

 > Anyway, I can't figure out how to mixdown tracks with effects.  I'm
 > using a single-band PEQ and plate reverb in the pre-fader column for
 > each track and using the outputs of each track as the inputs of the
 > stereo track that eventually goes to disk, but for some reason the
 > stereo track is recorded dry.  If I solo it, the mix is dry.  If I
 > listen only to the mix of the individual tracks, it's wet.
 >
 > So here's my questions:
 > 1.  Is it possible (and how) to bounce a wet mix to a stereo track
 > that will be exported to a .wav file?

You need to enable "Run plugins while recording" in the Options
Editor/Misc tab.

 > 2.  Is there currently any way, or are there plans to add support for
 > exporting an entire mix to disk instead of bouncing to a stereo track
 > to be exported?  (Of course you can do that now, but it's a dry mix.)
 >  I guess I'm asking for a non-realtime mixdown feature.

Yes, there are plans to do a proper non-realtime mixdown, once
JACK supports it (soon).  This will be in before Ardour 1.0.

 > 3.  Somewhat related, is it possible to delete or undo automations?

Do you mean delete automation lines and points?  Yes to both.
To delete the entire automation, click on the "a" button in the
track button bar and select one of the Clear choices.  To remove
a single automation control point, go into "auto" mouse mode,
then Shift-Right click on a point will remove it.

jlc