[linux-audio-user] Ardour mixdown questions/issues

Luke Yelavich luke at audioslack.com
Mon Oct 27 17:19:58 EST 2003

At 05:23 AM 28/10/2003, Jesse Chappell wrote:
>  > 2.  Is there currently any way, or are there plans to add support for
>  > exporting an entire mix to disk instead of bouncing to a stereo track
>  > to be exported?  (Of course you can do that now, but it's a dry mix.)
>  >  I guess I'm asking for a non-realtime mixdown feature.
>
>Yes, there are plans to do a proper non-realtime mixdown, once
>JACK supports it (soon).  This will be in before Ardour 1.0.

For the time being, you could either bus everything to one bus and send it
via JACK to a JACK enabled recorder, or send all individual tracks to a
JACK enabled recorder. Thats what I do at the moment.

Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke at audioslack.com