[linux-audio-user] Announcing Gnomoradio

Daniel James daniel at mondodesigno.com
Wed Oct 29 10:28:27 EST 2003

> The best I've been able to come up with for my own experiments so
> far is "verbatim electronic distribution via the internet
> permitted, all other rights reserved, contact me if you're
> interested".  Maybe there's some existing free music license
> that's this way

The licence I use is quite similar:

http://mondodesigno.com/music/pml.html

except that I don't specify internet distribution as the only
acceptable medium.

Personally, I find the Creative Commons licences far too legalistic
and contractual. I like the way you've reduced your licence to a
single sentence that could be easily understood and translated.

I always think it's funny when people say things like 'The Chinese
don't respect software licences', because if a EULA was written in
Chinese I know I wouldn't even be able to read it, let alone
understand it. Though they are written in lawyer's English, even
native English speakers can't be bothered to read them.

Cheers

Daniel