[linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 22:46:49 EST 2003

Hi,
   I've got two Linux boxes, one Gentoo and the other PlanetCCRMA. I
need to move about 10GB of data from one to the other. How can I do
this? I guess that over Ethernet maybe Samba or NFS might work? I don't
know anything about making either of these technologies work, and
obviously I don't want to start building kernels or anything like that
to get there.

   Has anyone got a tutorial on how to do this easily. I really don't
want to become an IT guy to make this work.

   If it's too difficult, then I could dig up and add a 1394 adapter to
one box and dump it to the other that way. The second machine has 1394
already. I just didn't want to open the box up and mess with cards.

Thanks very super much in advance,
Mark