[linux-audio-user] mounting network drives for dummies?

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Thu Oct 30 01:52:03 EST 2003

Hi,

If this is a one-time move, which I suspect it is. Then ftp is by far the
easiest way.

If there are no ftp-servers running on your machines(this will be self evident
when you try to connect from the other machine), they are probably
preinstalled, start it via the appropriate /etc/init.d/<script> and then run
an ftp client from the other machine. gftp seems to come with many new
distributions, plain ftp in a console works also (should always be
installed).

/Robert