[linux-audio-user] Jack problem

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Sep 4 10:47:00 EDT 2003

> Or another possibility could be that he doesn't actually have memory
> available? If he's got a 128MB machine and some other big apps loaded,
then
> he might not have the 30MB or whatever it is that Jack requires?
>
> Just a thought.

Good thought - along those lines, Linux may not be recognizing all his
memory - I've been reading about that happening.  what is the command?
"free" I think it is, at least in Red Hat, to see if all the memory's being
detected...I haven't learned yet what to do if it's not (I'm new to Linux)
*laugh*